Saturday, April 3, 2010

Presentation Time!

Our ninth session was about giving a presentation which we spent a long time preparing.
I was a little bit nervous before the presentation. It turned out I wasn't the only one who was nervous. All my friends said they were too before the presentation. In my case, I didn't feel confident because I was not fully prepared for it because I've been too busy with work these days. To my surprise, I did much better than I expected.

I gave a presentation about the Toyota Corporation and its future business. I had searched many websites including Toyota’s to try make my presentation good. I collected a lot of useful information about Toyota but my weak point was I did not make power point presentation well. Before the presentation, I read through the key points to follow to make use of them during my session.

After the presentation, we each looked back to how we did and self-assessed the good points and improvements that we needed to make. The good points with me were eye contacts, rhythm and smile. My weaknesses were I acted rather uneasy and the Power Point slides were short. My afterthought is I could have overcome those weaknesses had I prepared for it more thoroughly. I always feel that I really need more practice in presentation, which itself is a lesson to learn.

After the self-assessment, we had other two agendas for the day: UCLA Extension Course evaluation and our future goals. My thoughts are that learning about business English communication helped me a lot with improving my business English. I got a chance to study English as well as reviewing many things like financial information. Furthermore, I would like to work on my English so that I can enjoy my stay more when I visit an English speaking country in the future. I've promised myself I would study a lot harder in my spare time.

Regarding future goals, we asked each other questions and talked about our career goals and about the skills we need to make our dreams come true.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment