Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A great opportunity for me to study Business English !

First of all I'd like to thank WorkJapan.com for providing me this opportunity to participate in UCLA Extension Tokyo Center Program. I am going to write about the Business Essentials Course in which I am enrolled.
Learning Business English is a great opportunity for me because I have never got such a wonderful chance to improve my Business English.


I would like to let you know that I am an Asian and I have never been to any English speaking country before and I have never studied English in an English speaking environment.
I do not know that what my English Language Proficiency Level is at the moment. I have not tested my English Language Proficiency before.


So I am expecting that I will improve my Business English through this course. I am really excited to have this opportunity to study in UCLA Extension Tokyo Center because the teacher is from Native English Speaking Country and he has many years teaching experience. Before joining this program I saw his profile on UCLA website.


How was my first day of the class?
I think everyone would like to know the experiences of my all the classes. Today I am going to write about my first day of the class. First we introduced ourselves to the class.
After that we got some textbooks from the teacher. There were Business English Communication Essentials and Listening Exercises for Business Essentials books.


In Business English Communication Essentials we learnt how to make a telephone appointment with the client and what kind of phrases are used in telephone conversations.
And we used target phrases in practical with the classmates.


After that we practiced socializing and small talk which is really necessary in business and that are not directly related to work.


We also got a chance to learn about English culture. Before participating in this class I used to think that culture is only a traditional thing but I realized it is the root of all common practices.


Why am I interested in this program?
English is spoken all over the world. About 350 million people speak English. I am a non native English speaker and I would like to improve my Business English Communication skill and I think it would be best if I'm taught by a native speaker. If I want to be successful in international business, learning English is incredibly important. English allows me to communicate with more people in my field of business.


Why is Business English necessary?
We live in a time of globalization. Trade, foreign investment, capital flow, and the spread of technology all require Business English. If you do not have knowledge of Business English it is very difficult to be in any international business.


What kinds of benefit can I get from this course?
I hope I will learn quite a bit about Business English in my 10 classes.
I am not used to writing blog in English at all so it is difficult for me to find vocabularies and phrases. I am really very thankful for everyone reading my blog and I hope that you will enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment